ISC Research Working Group
Terms of Reference
The Research Data Working Group will provide good practice and resource information to researchers regarding data protection. Areas of focus will include:
- Providing a catalogue of available secure facilities for storing data.
- Communicating on issues related to research data security.
- Guidance on complying with data security requirements as ultimately defined by the Granting Councils.
- Research data lifecycle management.
- Incident response awareness – what to do when compromise occurs.
- Out-of-Canada data security requirements/compliances.
- Custom application development lifecycle considerations.
|Marden Paul (chair)||Director, Planning, Governance, Assessment – ITS|
|Professor Aviv Shachak||Faculty of Information|
|Professor Steve Tanny||Department of Mathematics, FAS|
|Professor Lorraine Ferris||AVP Research Oversight and Compliance, VPRI|
|Steve Marks||Digital Preservation Librarian, UTL|
|Mike Wiseman||Acting Director, Information Security, ITS|
|Sue McGlashan||Information Security Architect, ITS|
|Steven Butterworth||PCS Manager, Dept of Physics, FAS|
|Rhain Loius||Manager, Research Oversight and Compliance, VPRI|
- Academic Technology Reference Group (ATRG)
- Teaching, Learning and Technology Advisory Committee
- Enterprise IT Update Committee (EITU)
- Advisory Committee on Enterprise Information Technology (ACE-IT)
- Faculty & Staff e-Communications Consultation
- Student e-Communications Consultation
- Information Security Council (ISC)
- Toolbox End-User Support Team (T.E.S.T.)
- Call for Agenda
- IT Student Advisory Committee
- Next Generation Enterprise Web Services Advisory Group
- Policy on Information Security and the Protection of Digital Assets